R-ball. R-ball.

A few thoughts. I got only so far before a bug resulted in him registering as "dying," but he never actually died. He kept drifting, and I was forced to restart. Unfortunately, no restart function is in place, and by hitting the main menu it brought me back to the very beginning.

The "cutscenes" take too long. The expanding circles take too long to change the screen, making it feel sluggish. Similarly the enter key, as far as I have gotten, serves no purpose. It is a small issue, but having to do it just to change the level when either auto-changing levels or hitting up and not moving your hands would be much better options really just makes the game feel slightly more sluggish.

Music and animations are pretty dull. The song has a decent ability to be played on loop without it becoming too annoying, but the lack of variety can get grating.

Just went back and tried to replicate it, happened at the same spot. Its the three-layered level where first is spikes, second is enemies, third is the door. Hit the first row of spikes, and you drift off.

Good luck on any future projects!

gangstar59 responds:

thanks I will try fix this bug

Death Count Death Count

Most of the levels are pretty generic for a platformer. Nothing terribly new here. It was well made, but level design could use a bit more creativity to it.

Also I know there is a volume slider, but a lot of sounds are inconsistent. The level restart noise and the "clinking" of the moving spikes is way louder than anything else.

Urban Wars Urban Wars

Very limited gameplay.

You have to follow a very specific path for upgrading, or else you get overrun. No matter what you do, you basically have to copy their upgrades or you can't keep up... and there are several factions with different upgrades to keep in mind, so you can't really keep

It wasn't bad, just wasn't executed as well as it could have been.

Venetian Blinds Venetian Blinds

Thanks for pointing me here!

One suggestion I'd have is to label this correctly as Adult. I mean even Mature is risky, but something this graphic ought to be AO.

No Time to Explain No Time to Explain

Where's the Duck Sim trilogy?

I enjoyed this. A great blend of humor and platforming. :3

I-smel responds:

If you liked Duck Sim, try Venetian Blinds.

BearBound BearBound

Not sold

The mechanic of switching between several characters, and using masks to transform and interact with the world around you in new ways, is interesting. I'll grant you that much. However, many of them do very little other than give the game artificial length, some of them only serving to grant one heart piece.

The seventy two hour time limit is an interesting concept, but by including the ability to slow down time you've really robbed the game of its tension. Similarly, the piccolo has more of an impact but many of my favorites such as the Song That Makes Things Stormy are thrown in as nothing more than fan-service.

I don't think this was a cash-in from the previous title, but there could have been more done. Still, we could always use more Battletoads games, so I give this a 10/10 in hopes that more aspiring musicians will try and emulate this lesser known Peruvian Flute genre.

Where am I?

JackSmack responds:

I couldn't agree more wholeheartedly. Though, I do wonder why you didn't point out the obvious parallel to both The Lord of the Rings, and Playboy Magazine issue number 42.

It seems that someone as well versed as you would have seen the correlation clearly. Perhaps you are losing your edge?

I wanna be the flash game I wanna be the flash game

Falls slightly short

While an enjoyable game, it falls short of its namesake. I suppose it's the pacing. When you have a game like IWBTG, the most important part is its speed. It both allows us to screw up more, but in a game with no saves, it lets us get back to where we were faster. There is a lot of retracing your footsteps.
Still, good job.

Leaving Leaving

Done before, but still effective

Nothing beats a creative way to resign, good luck with your future endeavors.
The game was eh. Sinatra always helps, though.

Totem Destroyer 2 Totem Destroyer 2

A good effort to improve

The first game required a lot of critical thinking, and rewarded you for it. The sequel, while both fun and replayable, doesn't quite deliver. With the rolling totems, the explosive blocks, the gravity blocks, and a whole bunch of other new components, most of the game you end up replaying the same levels ad naseum until it manages to work. Sometimes it has to do with timing (waiting for the tower to lean more), but a lot of it is left to chance.
Still a solid game, and I am glad you can breathe new life into the game.

LavaPointer BETA LavaPointer BETA

Problema, senor

Good idea and blah blah, but I just thought you ought to know that when you click play there is this little issue of the game immediately failing.
I thought it was a prank (which would have earned you a 4/10 anyway), but you ought to know about the problem ^^